Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew ends the week with two stats-based value selections over the jumps at Chepstow on Sunday, March 19th. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
BOBMAHLEY (system – Chepstow handicap chases, front-runners)
Since the beginning of 2016, front-runners are 65 from 257 (25.3% strike-rate) in handicap chases at Chepstow for a profit of £248.69 to a £1 level stake at SP. The tricky part is determining which horse is going to make the running before the race but Proform’s pace map suggests BOBMAHLEY is the likeliest candidate. Tim Vaughan’s eight-year-old made most of the running when successful in the Ffos Las mud on his penultimate start. He disappointed at the same venue next time, but that race may have come too soon and he’s been rested for 38-days since.
KYNTARA (system – Kim Bailey, first-time cheekpieces, hurdles)
Kim Bailey emerged from a 46-race losing spell with a 15-2 winner at Uttoxeter yesterday and he’s had several others run well in defeat in the past week. Now could be the time get with his yard and KYNTARA, who is returning to hurdles after a modest 24-length second at Hereford on his chase debut (2-1 favourite) back in November, looks very interesting in this maiden hurdle. His trainer does well with chase to hurdle switchers and, since 2010, he’s 15 from 82 when using first-time cheekpieces on his hurdlers for a profit of £29.00 to a £1 level stake at SP. Kyntara gets the headgear today.
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
Close Learn More
18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers, opt-in and deposit within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 1.3 or greater, stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £10 & Get £30 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £30 in free bets after betting £10. Here are all the details:
- New customers aged 18 or over opt in and stake £10+ on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 1/2 (1.50).
- Once the qualifying bet settles 3x £10 free bets will be awarded to your account.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 3/10 (1.30) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and stakes not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.